Do you ever feel like your boss is the biggest obstacle to getting your work done effectively?
This week we hear from a listener whose boss insists on writing long academic text for her nonprofit’s newsletter, in spite of her efforts to show best practices and data that show that less is more in 21st century communications.
This is one of several situations where the boss won’t listen, and stands in the way of our listener doing the job she was hired to do. The fundamental disagreement has them constantly butting heads. But the writer isn’t ready to leave her job, because in all other ways it’s a perfect fit.
In this episode we talk about accepting — and working within — things that can’t be changed.
- Add to the larger conversation through a personal blog
- Use social media, either using the nonprofit’s voice or through personal voice (or both)
- Take a long view of your own career (check out the Find Your Dream Job podcast!)
- Create a personal annual report (see this brilliant example, this article from Mashable, and this article from The Muse)
- Do a loving kindness meditation for your boss 🙂