Today we hear from Elizabeth (a.k.a. “Wobbling”), who found her communications team wobbling as a new executive director joined the organization.
Before the leadership transition, they had created a communications plan and editorial calendar, and they had started to see the results they’d hoped for. But now Elizabeth’s boss (the communications director) has become hyper-focused on pleasing the executive director, and seems to have lost sight of the bigger picture.
We talk about:
- How life is a practice, and everyone wobbles sometimes
- Trusting in their plan and editorial calendar, and staying rooted in it
- Sharing the successes of that plan with the new ED, to help build confidence
- The possibility that the new ED is just as nervous as the communications director (!), and that they’re feeding off of each other
- Working WITH the communications director to gently steer her back on course, rather than going head-on and making her defensive
Notes and Links
“Perfectionism” episode of the Yoga of Nonprofit Communications podcast